- Most teenagers have committment issues and don't know how to deal with it!
- People have had flings with/been in relationships with too many people by the age of 21 and it's a case of 'Been there, done that'. The boredom caused due to this makes the next one just a temporary arrangement between the two concerned individuals.
- The line of demarcation between lust and love is fading. Earlier, people would say that lust is physical while love is emotional. Untrue in today's context! The physical and emotional aspect need to co-exist, which is a seemingly impossible task considering the raging hormones of teenagers today.
- Love at first sight does not exist. It was a sweet concept while growing up, as was the concept of the man of your dreams coming on a black horse and kneeling down and asking your hand for marriage. The fact: these are concepts. NOT reality. The faster you face it, the easier it is to sleep and not have silly dreams about it!
- Hot vampires like Edward Cullen do not exist. But if someone does know of their existence(Mind you, I'm looking for both hot AND a blood-sucking vampire),let me know!
- Saying "I love you" is not such a big deal anymore. Apparently. I'm sure I'd still find it special if said to me by someone I like...Can't generalise on this one, though.
- Money may not be involved but sex can be a negotiatable deal.
- You can't always 'Blame it on the alcohol' as Jamie Foxx thinks.
- Condoms are still approved of! Please continue using them!
- Despite the fact that I've written this post, I still believe in love and I am waiting for it to come around at the right time with the right guy. Call me pretentious but it's just that though I know the facts, it's okay to hope that the times can be changed and 'love', whatever it may be, exists.
Feb 22, 2010
Are relationships a business deal which lasts just as long as both sides are satisfied, emotionally or physically as the case may be?It saddens me to question this but will our generation ever be able to find stable spouses for life? Or will we just pre-plan marriages with our best friend or our first extra-marital affairs with the hottest friend that we have who is presently dating someone else and hence, he/she is out of your reach? Should a girl discontinue watching movies like 'A Walk To Remember' or 'Serendipity' just to adjust to the fact that there is no Prince Charming, there is no concept of a one-woman man and hence, snap back to the reality of the times? I would not like to pass this off as a hasty generalisation, but in general, the following are the reality of the times:
Posted by Rohini at 4:11:00 AM