- A certain teacher of mine looks at me wanting to discuss an assignment. She calls me 'KISHORI'. (laughter in class). This is followed by something possibly worse-'MOHINI'. Why??????
- In radio class, we were discussing possible names for us when we are going live on our campus radio. My name is probably weird, because I was given options li8ke 'CJ(Campus Jockey) K**l, up against the wall', 'CJ Rohini, aapki man-mohini', 'CJ K**l, wrapped in a towel', and so on. What I had to settle for was just lame-'CJ Rohini K to make your day'. Ugh!Probably better than 'Shishir Rao, here to wow' though. Or 'Sayonee Saloni'. Ha! Suffer!
- The college nickname used to be just a simple 'RO'. That is bearable. Then, people decided to take it one step forward and it became 'RO-RO'. Still bearable. But then they start singing the damn nursery rhyme to piss you off and go 'Ro-Ro, row your boat, gently down the stream. Merrily merrily merrily merrily, life is but a dream'. Murder on my mind.
- Rajiv makes it worse: 'Ro-Ro, row your boat, gently down the stream. If you see a Rohini, don't forget to scream'. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
- The names that made sense to me in school were 'FOOD', 'KAJUWALI', 'FATTY'(not THAT fat though). Those I will respond to. And actually liked surprisingly. Weird.
Mar 23, 2010
What's in a name?
How many times has it happened to you that someone forgets your name and calls you something else? Or when you are given nicknames that you just don't approve of or that make no sense to you? I can't speak for others but in the recent past, it has happened one too many a times for me:
Posted by Rohini at 10:47:00 PM