Apr 9, 2009

Everlong

"Nothing lasts.What a shame that is."
"Some things last..."
Imagine the beauty of an everlasting something with someone who means a lot to you.Or just immortality.I am not talking about Tithonus by Lord Alfred Tennyson but there's something beautiful about living on.I would like to go back in time and start from scratch and then,once I have things going for me,live on that way.Maybe that is too much to be asking for.It is.But we're all living to find happiness at the end,right?How one goes about doing it is secondary.Maybe living in my dream world and finding solace there is silly and I'm only fooling myself and will end up waking up to the brute reality of life but at this juncture,that does not matter.I am happy living in my little facade that I have created for myself.
Distances intervene.Partings are made. Life does not wait for any one.
"Life is like a blanket that is too short. You pull it up and your toes rebel, you yank it down and shivers meander about your shoulder; but cheerful folks manage to draw their knees up and pass a very comfortable night." ~Marion Howard

2 comments:

kittu said...

it reminds me of rv and our 10th class man
hehe living in my dream world ignoring the reality
it was like living on drugs or some thing man lol
always happy and high with occasional lows when i got bak the test marks man
lol hehe

Rohini said...

ok but it was written when my thoughts were not related to R.V.It's loosely based on certain aspects of The Curious Case Of Benjamin Buttons..see the movie..