Nov 26, 2008

Helpless.

The morning sun was warm and radiant,
The perfect morning where nothing could go wrong.
But good luck never stays with the innocent,does it?
A fact of life.
The sudden attack that could not be fought,
The struggle to live.
You lost. They got you.
We tried but couldn't do much.
We mourned.
I, the last to know.
Regretting having gone where I did,away.
Hating education as it gave no answers.
She broke the news to me.
She cried as I entered.
I heard, then locked myself in another room and cried.
The wailing muffled my screams and cries.
I pledged I wouldn't but I did.
You came back home.
I could not face you.
I took some steps in front,and then turned back.
So pale. Lifeless.
I found the courage.
You touched my soul.
Unbearable pain and no resistance to want to stab myself.
To be untrue to her and myself.
But i stayed on to help her.
Help you.
To ensure your soul may go home in peace.
Hope you're doing well.
Love.

No comments: